Monday, December 28, 2009

OOP344 - use svn at seneca@york

If you don't bring a notebook to school everyday, and you want to use lab computer to do assignment2 or review oop344 notes, you need svn. But lab computers don't have svn.
I find a software called sharpsvn is very useful. No graphic interface, no need to install.
what I do is :
1. download the .7z file from my gmail account draft folder. (I just uploaded it to my web server, you can use 7-zip or winrar to unzip it. This one I used winrar to compress, about 8M. Because my web server don't know .7z files. If you use 7-zip to compress it again, it will be 4M.)
2. unzipped it to c:\temp for an example.
3. run cmd and in dos command type cd c:\temp\sharpsvn
4. type svn export svn://zenit.senecac.on.ca/oop344 c:\temp\oop344
5. type username and password
6. all files will be extract to c:\temp\oop344 folder
I use this way to review oop344 notes at school lab computers. It helped me a lot.
Hope it will help you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment